Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Goals Unfulfilled

So I didn't reach my goal of reading the entire Book of Mormon in the month of June :( Things just have been crazy and we have been having too much fun going camping and everything to just sit and read. Maybe I will try this project again in the winter - and then we will see how it goes. Unfortunately, finishing the book is also an unfulfilled goal. I am so close - so hopefully by the end of July.

In other news - I am training for a 10k! I once attempted to do a half marathon. I even paid the $35 to register for it - but when it came down to it, I knew I wasn't ready and didn't do it. I have always regretted it - plus this was back in 2007. So now, 4 years later, I have decided to at least do some sort of race and to get motivated to do it. Enter the "Love Your Body" 10k. It is on October 8 - and I am only 2 days into the training. So far, so good. I did pretty awesome on my jog yesterday (yes, I jog - I do not run). I only had to go for a mile, but I jogged for that entire mile without stopping. It is quite a big accomplishment for me. Hopefully I will keep up with the program!

1 comment:

  1. I remember that half marathon!! I am so excited for you to do the 10k though. Do I need to come and cheer you on? I can't run it with you because the whole "women only" thing, but it is so cool to cross the finish line with people cheering your name... I got a little teary eyed the first time I finished a race because of that... Anyway, I need to start the book of Mormon schedule asap! Just know that someone else (me) has A LOT of unfulfilled goals as well... Keep us posted on your progress!

    ReplyDelete